New Year Stock Market Report
- We begin 2020 with the UK Stock Markets buoyant, and investors with a much more positive outlook following the Election result, and a degree of clarity on the route to Brexit.
- The Government’s commitments on regional spending has also provided a useful boost to construction, infrastructure projects, and other sectors.
- As a result institutional investors are indicating an increased appetite for new IPOs from a broad range of sectors, including those that are headquartered in the UK and overseas.
London Stock Exchange 2019 performance
- 2019 was a difficult year as global IPO activity was tempered by trade tensions and concerns about global growth.
- In Europe the London Stock Exchange once again out performed all European Stock Markets, with companies raising over £30bn through IPO’s and the further issues of shares. This was almost 3 times more than the next largest European Stock Exchange ( Frankfurt).
- Since 2017 The London Stock Exchange has become the global leader in cross border IPO’s. In 2019 companies from all continents joined the London Stock Exchange market to raise funding and have their shares traded.
- Another milestone achieved during 2019 was the London Stock Exchanges ‘Green Economy Mark’. This recognises companies and investment funds across all London Stock Exchange markets that derive 50% or more of their total annual revenues from products and services that contribute to the global green economy. We expect this initiative to gain considerable traction during 2020.